turn signal indicators

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: turn signal indicators
From: "John O'Brien" <banjojohn@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:20:54 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Hi listers:

I have a question concerning the dash turn signal indicator lights in my
phase 1 BJ8.  They both blink whenever I have either signal on.  Is this
normal?  I've looked at the wiring diagram in my manual and things seem to
be connected right, but is till have this situation  ( I will admit that I
have not chased out every wire.).  There was an article in Healey Marque a
few months ago about the turn signal wiring in phase II BJ8's, but mine has
the flasher relay in the left front of the engine compartment, and the
article had to do with cars that did not have that flasher relay.  I guess
having both flash still tells me my signal is on, and the direction of the
lever tells me which one it is, but if only one is supposed to flash at a
time, I'd like to chase out the problem and fix it.

Thanks
John O'Brien
'65 BJ8
'61 Bugeye

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
BackGrnd.jpg]