BJ-7 rear shroud rain gutter question????

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ-7 rear shroud rain gutter question????
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:15:37 -0500
Healey Listers,
I'm currently working on reinstalling my rear shroud on my BJ-7 and have some
clearance problems with the rain gutter (or whatever you call it) that is
attached to the rear shroud.  The piece with the three holes for drainage.
Anyway, my BJ-7 has had some extensive rear sheet metal replacment and I'm
having an interference problem with the bottoms of the rain gutter to the tops
of the wheel arches.  One arch was replaced and the other was not.  They both
have equal clearance problems.  The gutter is attached firmly and far up into
the gutter.  The bottom of the rain gutter interferes with the tops of the
wheel arches by about 1/2 an inch.  Is the gutter supposed to hook over the
flat spot of the tops of the fender wells or what?  I could just snip the
required amount off of the bottom of the gutter but I don't want to do that.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and as usual, thanks in advance!

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7