Re: dash 'piping'

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dash 'piping'
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:03:57 -0400
Allen,
They simply used the black rubber stuff that is used to separate the bumper
over riders from the main bumper bars on all big Healeys. We had intact
examples of the original strips when we restored Blair Harber's AHX14 and
the first production car, BN1L138031.
The strip has the joint line somewhere about top middle where it is
virtually out of sight. Also the inboard edge needs to be trimmed away to
clear the mounting lugs around the inside perimeter of the instrument pod.
Here are two pics of it applied to another early BNl I'm currently working
on, body #156.
Rich Chrysler