Re BN2 revs at speed

To: healeys@autox.team.net, mlempert@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re BN2 revs at speed
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:24:04 +0100 (BST)
Mike,

Mine does an indicated 72mph @ 3000rpm in O/D & 4th gear, all original bits
except 165 x 15 Michelins. The speedo and odometer are about 1% "slow", based
on a recent rally calibration.

Rgds

Mike Brooks
'56 BN2

Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:57:36 -0400
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: BN2 revs at speed

I'd appreciate some data from BN2 owners out there.  If you know your
OD%
and also have the original gearing, can you tell me your speed at 3000
RPM ?
In fact, it would be good to know the speed both in and out of OD.  I
realize there will be some differences due to tire size and speedo
accuracy.

If anyone with a 3.54 installed wants to compare, that will be good
data as
well.  However, what I am trying to assess is my own BN2 situation.
Believe
it or not, I haven't installed my 3.54 in it yet. I want to determine
my
starting point before opening things up.  I'm suspicious that I might
already have a higher ratio than stock.

Thanks much.

Mike Lempert