RE: Waxoyl or POR?

To: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Waxoyl or POR?
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:35:07 -0400
Scott,

If you are happy with the POR in the engine bay then you might use it
elsewhere.  Something to consider with it though, and I'm sure you know this:
that stuff sets up like a rock.  Once it goes on, I don't know how you get it
off.  If you are considering a restoration at some point in the future you
might actually have to get the car acid dipped to get the stuff off.  I'm not
sure media blasting will touch it.
Another product you might consider it Zero Rust.  It's easier to use than the
POR and is supposed to work really well.  You can buy quarts or rattle cans.
Just do a search for 'Zero Rust'.

My car was so heavily undercoated with something that was also rock hard, that
I had to have my car dipped.  Results were great, and fortunately no bad
surprises underneath.

Dave M.
BN7 getting ready for chassis paint in the next couple of weeks