SQUEAKY BRAKES - DO I PAY FOR THIS?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: SQUEAKY BRAKES - DO I PAY FOR THIS?
From: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 04:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
Firstly - thanks to everyone for the clarification of what triple SU set I had
on my car. After talking to SU Midel it seems they are indeed Jag 420G type
carbies. Unfortunately they need to have the controls refitted (that were
excluded by design) if I am to get the idle sorted and the carbs running
smooth. Will live with the car as is until I have the $$ to cover this.

Secondly, my car has new discs and pads, yet is squealing awfully even after
three weeks "bedding in".  I have read elsewhere of shims and other solutions
and called my repair shop to organize the work. He was adamant that this is not
a fix up of his prior job but a new job to be paid in full. Seems to me that
when he's overhauling the brakes that he should have given the car back to me
without this blood curdling noise. What do you listers think? Am I being
unreasonable in this?

Thanks

Scott J Graham
1962 BRG BJ7