Re: Compare a Healey it's contemporary

To: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compare a Healey it's contemporary
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:26:03 -0700
Guess I should have excluded present company (the List) and qualified
my comment a little better.

Driving my Healey in the windy, narrow roads in the hills around the SF Bay
Area, I regularly come across people in BMWs driving in such a way (randomly),
entering and exiting corners in such a way (randomly) that I can easily keep up
with them and pass them if I get a chance.  These types of people--not just
BMW drivers, BTW--apparently are not driving enthusiasts of any sort but bought
their cars based solely on "prestige" and have no idea how to extract the
performance
their cars are capable of.  I feel that, even if you're not interested in
pushing the
envelope, you should at least drive competently, especially on the more
challenging
roads.  I once got behind a guy who apparently just got his new Boxster ... he
left
me far behind on the straights but I caught him in every corner.

Listen to a BMW ad ... they ooze snob appeal.

bs

et>; <healeys@autox.team.net>