Re: Won't Start II

To: healey.nut@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Won't Start II
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:06:43 -0500
Alan,
I did NOT check my timing when I switched to Pertronix. It ran great and I
drove like hell. Any ideas what could have happened? I suppose I need to see
if I broke the timing chain. Should I just pull off the cover?

I have tried two new rotor buttons and the fuel is getting to both carbs.
Starting fluid did not work for any sort of combustion. I get spark at all
plugs.

Thanks to all who asked...

~Scott

>From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
>To: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
>CC: healeys@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Won't Start
>Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:38:41 +0800
>
>Scott -
>
>Where are you getting spark?  Sounds to me like you have a bad rotor.
>
>Also... switching to pertronix will almost always change your
>timing...  did you check your timing after switching?
>
>Regards,
>
>Alan
>
>'53 BN1 '64 BJ8
>
>On 5/31/05, scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > So being a hack I installed the Pertronix finally by modifying the
>mount.
> > The car ran great for about 20 minutes until it died.
> >
> > I had to be towed home. It would not even try to fire so I ordered more
> > points and waited. I now have re-installed the points etc and it still
>wont
> > fire. I am getting fuel and spark. I have checked top dead center and I
>have
> > sprayed starting fluid in the carbs and still no sign of combustion.
> >
> > I suppose I need to check compression next. I may have blown something
>on my
> > run. I was pushing it hard because it was running so well be fore it
>died. I
> > would assume a broken crank would make ugly noises and a blown head
>gasket
> > would still try to fire. It cranks freely but no combustion sound.
> >
> > Anyone have any other things I should check before I tow it to a
> > professional and pay through the nose?
> >
> > I was planning to drive this to Louisville for the Bash this weekend but
>it
> > looks like I'll drive the red 59 MGA.
> >
> > Keep the revs up,
> > Scott
> > Mashed 60 BN7

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!