Condensors

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Condensors
From: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:14:02 -0500
Good Morning Guys- I purchased a BJ8 not long ago and changed the points,
plugs, and condenser to make it run better? After 50 miles or so, it ran
horribly and I couldn't locate the problem. After 8 weeks of messing around
with the fuel system and changing out plug wires and caps, I finally got a
tip that there were some BAD CONDENSERS coming into this country, so I
changed the new condenser to another new one.....so far, my tip was correct;
the faulty new condenser was the culprit and unless there is something
causing the condenser to go bad, this problem is solved.

I suggest that anytime you tune your Healey and if the motor starts giving
you a problem (assuming you have tuned it correctly), to take a good and
serious look at the new condenser you installed and try another one before
doing anything else.