RE: Classic auto insurance

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Classic auto insurance
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:06:14 -0400
I just went on line to apply for insurance and I had to list a car for each
driver in the household.  You also have to send a copy of your "normal"
insurance policy declarations page to show the vehicles are covered.  If you
have 5 drivers in the household I assume you will have to list 5 different
cars.  However, they also cover vehicles under restoration so I don't know
if the rule applies for non-operating vehicle coverage.  They do have a
number to call for assistance on their web page.  They were a little cheaper
than American Collectors and their basic towing package was better - they
cover the first $50 vice $25.  They also had better towing packages
available; at a cost.
Pete

Yes, they rejected me because I had two drivers in the house (my wife
and I) and only one daily driver car.  By default they then assumed I
would drive the healey every day.  It didn't matter that I lived
overseas and was only insuring the car as a very occasional  driver...
they didn't care.  To be honest I wasn't impressed with them, they
weren't very nice to me and they were very inflexible on their
standards.  That being said I was probably treated poorly as a fluke,
everyone else they seem to treat very well.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8