Streamline 100/6 - Yes There's More

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Streamline 100/6 - Yes There's More
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:29:48 +1000
G'day

Just when you thought it was time to catch a few ZZZZZ up pops some more
information about the '57 Sebring Streamline cars.

Cast your minds back a whole 24 hours - yes I know it's difficult but as
I leave 53 years 6 months and 17 days far behind someone has to do it.

I made reference to the Ferrari engined car that ran at Nassau in
December 1956 and suggested that it was used again at Sebring in March
'57 with a C-Series engine. The DHMC soon found out that Italian horses
are really smaller than English ones and the combination was a flop.

The Ferrari engined car ran at Nassau was painted BRG and thanks to Reid
Trummel who sent me some colour pics overnight it's plain to see that No
25 at Sebring in '57 and listed as the Austin-Healey Special was also
painted BRG. It's engine capacity was listed as 2,680cc the same as the
two streamline Austin-Healey 100/6s that were running.

So (as brain ticks over into overdrive - more oil please Mr Peabody)
what conclusions can be reached? Firstly the Ferrari engined car was
un-Ferraried for Sebring and fitted with a C-Series engine or perhaps it
ran again with the Ferrari engine and the DHMC fibbed about its
capacity. Of course we all know that the DHMC were paragons of virtue
and never did anything against rules and regulations. So I again would
like to bet real cash money or even a block of flats plus Tasmania that
the Nassau car and No 25 at Sebring in 1957 was one of the same car.

As I sit here in my office there is a feeling of excitement as writing
about this stuff is much more fun than dealing with the legal crap that
I normally deal with. Sad it doesn't pay as much.

Watch this space for episode 4,328 of the Streamline 100/6 saga. Will
the heroine be saved from the speeding Maserati? Will the nasty Mercedes
Benz driver succeed with his plans to take over life, the universe and
everything?

The suspense is killing me and I have to go to the loo.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia