Re: Reply from Inan at Healey Surgeons

To: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reply from Inan at Healey Surgeons
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:59:30 -0400
Not to sound too preachy, but this is one great reason why we should not
list names on this open list.  One--the company listed doesn't have a
chance to defend itself before their name is bounced around among a lot of
Healey owners---some damage done already.  Two--one of us just may have an
axe to grind and take it out on the company this way--when in fact, it was
only us who had the problem.

Any lawyers here-------? Seems to me the list may have the possibllity of
getting a slander suit.

My vote----OK to slam someone but do it off line if someone asks for it.

Regards
Tom

response to posts about the quality of their work:

> " have heard through the grapevine that a lot of people have some minor
work done here and then claim the car is fully restored by Healey Surgeons
as a selling point.  We cannot control this.  But it does attest to our
reputation for quality work.

> If the perspective buyer had called us we would have verified what if any
work was done here.  Although it is our policy not to comment on price and
quality of cars being offered for sell, we will verify any work that was
done here and what additional work we suggested need doing.  I think such
irresponsible damaging comments deserve an apology on the list,
particularly when this person admits that he has not checked the facts and
have no idea if and what work was done here.  Not to mention it is twice
removed at that..."he bought it from a guy who bought it from another guy
!!!".