Re: Complaint about spokes breaking

To: roadwarriordave@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Complaint about spokes breaking
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:29:23 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/05 7:34:24 PM, roadwarriordave@hotmail.com writes:

> Plus I have two other gripes with the Dunlops -

With all the problems you've had with these wheels, I have to ask why you've
never discussed these problems with the original vendor, and why you didn't
just buy new Dayton wheels if you were going to go to the trouble and expense
of
having Dayton rebuild the Dunlop wheels? Seems to me that the original vendor
would have some sort of warranty on the wheels, and would also seem that
given the cost of respoking a wheel, it would have paid to simply have switched
a Dayton wheel when the spokes started to break.
I should also point out that for the most part, it sounds as if you're trying
to fix wheels that are more than five years old, and may be much older than
that.
One thing Kelvin Dodds of Moss told me was that there had been problems in
the distant past with the MSW Dunlop wheels, but that in more recent years the
product has improved substantially, and that Moss does give a warranty on the
new Dunlop wheels it sells.
Cheers
Gary