Stuck Clutch

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck Clutch
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:42:23 +0100 (BST)
Fred,

This happens regularly on my Triumph Dolomite Sprint Engined Lotus 7 replica,
which sits in the garage at home in Scotland while I am away working in
Houston. Method - With a well charged battery, put the car in gear, handbrake
on and footbrake depressed. Depress the clutch and keep it depressed. You are
now in gear only because the clutch is stuck. The handbrake and footbrake are
stopping the car moving. Then go as if to start the car, ie get the starter
motor to try to drive the car. The starter motor will try to turn the engine,
but the brakes will stop the engine moving the car. This has aways worked for
me.

Rgds

Mike
'56 BN2