BN1 and BN2 Water Pumps

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN1 and BN2 Water Pumps
From: "Jim LeBlanc" <jleblanc@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:57:58 -0500
I am installing a newly purchased water pump on my 100-4 and am finding it
to be a close reproduction of the original. However two fatal flaws exist:
(1) the heater hose tube is a different hole size and thread, thus
preventing replacement of the brass shut-off valve and (2) the casting and
machining prevent tightening all 3 nuts that hold the pump to the block.

Be aware of this when purchasing a new pump, it is likely there are many
with these negative qualities.

I will not mention the supplier as they are know for their quality products.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc

1956 100-M