Re: BN1 and BN2 Water Pumps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BN1 and BN2 Water Pumps
From: Healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:51:59 EDT
Jim et al
The Moss pump offered has that incorrect thread info in the computer
(regarding the heater connection) if the saleman notices the computer notes
when
your ordering. Due to my and probably others bagering them they are trying to
correct the thread size problem on the next generation from their suppliers.
The
 thread is a vey unusal one, if I recall 16 TPI.
Aloha
Perry

I am installing a newly purchased water pump on my 100-4 and am finding  it
to be a close reproduction of the original. However two fatal flaws  exist:
(1) the heater hose tube is a different hole size and thread,  thus
preventing replacement of the brass shut-off valve and (2) the casting  and
machining prevent tightening all 3 nuts that hold the pump to the  block.

Be aware of this when purchasing a new pump, it is likely there  are many
with these negative qualities.

I will not mention the  supplier as they are know for their quality products.

Best  Regards,

Jim LeBlanc

1956 100-M