RE: Air Vent

To: "'Larry Swift'" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air Vent
From: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:41:34 -0500
Larry:

There is a dam between the fresh air hole that you have described and the
"cold" air box that runs under the dash.  The vent hole is intended to send
fresh air into the cockpit.  The "cold" air box is supplied with air through
the heater.  The passenger has a similar vent hole for his fresh air.

Check inside of the vent hole with your finger and see if you do not
discover a plate that blocks off the "cold" air box.  Refit the screen as
Rich suggests.  I expect that the vent was covered with aluminum by a PO to
keep out engine heat.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert
BJ8 Rallye
Dallas, TX

Before I cut a plate to screw over the hole, I thought I would ask the
list what actually fits there.