Re: Bilstein Gas Shock Conversion?

To: Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bilstein Gas Shock Conversion?
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:01:25 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2005 12:50:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL writes:
How many of you have modified your Healeys with the Bilstien gas shock
conversion?  AND what do you think - was it worth the trouble and money?
All I have heard on the conversion so far is that it greatly enhances the
road handling ability of the big Healey.
Steve--

I bought a pair at a good discount as a result of a Conclave 2003 gift
certificate but in any case they are expensive.  I like mine, though I have
done a
number of other suspension modifications and it is hard to isolate the effect
of any one element.  The biggest improvement I noticed from the Bilsteins is
that the car is much less susceptible to "bump-steer" when turning fast on
irregular surfaces, probably because the tubulars have more take-up than do the
levers.

Pleased--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans