Healey Museum

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Museum
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:57:29 +1000
Congratulations to all involved in the Healey Museum.

Bill Emerson has been a tireless worker and at the same time a total
enthusiast in his endeavours to establish an accurate record of the
amazing life of Donald Mitchell Healey.
Donald had a full and successful life in many arenas;
        Radio maker
        Flyer
        Serviceman
        Development Engineer
        Competitive driver in rallies
        Member of the 200mph club.
        Designer of motorcars and boats
        Businessman and company director
        Builder of electronic organ
        Developer of remote control camera systems

Vehicles designed by the Donald Healey Motor Co. were internationally
awarded for their style and beauty, speed and durability.

Remember that Donald cracked the US market before the Germans and
Japanese without a manufacturing plant of his own as we know it. He
successfully contracted with Riley, Nash, Austin and Jensen.

Healey success at LeMans in its first entries exceeded that of Mercedes
and Jaguar.
Look at the qualitity of drivers who were willing to compete in Healeys.

It is important that we think outside the confines of Austin and all of
it's many derivatives that collapsed relatively soon after individuals
like Donald retired or left the industry. How many motor cars carried
the name of their owner ?
Donald always looked foward to his next car that he expected would have
new features and technologies.Each of his models contained at least one
feature or characteristic that was the best of its day.

Obviously this was not achieved without some brilliant support from
those around him.
I hope that the museum will show the details as to how this fantastic
little group was so successful.

For these reasons I was excited to see that the logo and symbol of the
museum is dominated by ;

                                HEALEY.

Let us all make it a success.

Thankyou