Bonnet prop support bracket

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet prop support bracket
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:18:57 +0200
Rich, Greg and John Vrugtman,
Thanks ever so much for  your reaction to my question. After having read
your reactions I realised why I had my problems: the guy who restored my
shrouds apparently renewed (part of) the rainwater gutter but didn't
drill any holes. Thanks to the pictures I also suddenly found out where
the two mirrored sheetmetal thingies were meant for: the connection
between the vertical parts (holding the horns) and the shroud. That's
one of my biggest problems: I have a load of small sheet metal
components of which I have no idea where they should go, so I'm
collecting photographs of BJ8's in all stages of demolition or
restoration and am frantically looking whether I recognise small parts.
As far as the boot lock is concerned Rich Chrysler gave me the solution:
the "washer - cup" shown in the parts list as a normal flat washer is in
fact a deep drawn cup, and I found one among the bits and pieces. The
second one I'll build up from washers, but that brings me to another
problem: I can't reach one of the two. It's hidden behind the sheet
metal.  Do I just grind a part of the metal away or is there a more
sophisticated solution?
Thanks again, guys - this list is great!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432