Re: later 3000 question

To: acmiller@mhcable.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: later 3000 question
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 19:26:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/2005 4:05:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
acmiller@mhcable.com writes:

Or are  all 3000's with glass side
windows fitted with jump  seats?

Hi Allen-

Yes, it is true, both the BJ7 & BJ8 are fitted with the occasional
(jump)seats. Most BJ8 owners like the features of the rear seat back rest
because it
folds down and has lateral slide bolts that extend into an  escutcheon on the
rear quarter panels thus making a flat carpeted shelf  that may be used for
additional luggage space inside the car.
You would be surprised at how much you are able to carry back there and it
frees up the boot for the essential long trip equipment you might want to carry
 (Spare water pump, fuel pump, tool kit, gallon of water, quart of oil,
folding  chairs, picnic blanket, etc. If good fortune prevails you won't need
most
of the  things you carry in the boot but it's nice to have that secure feeling
just in  case.
If my brother had not insisted on carrying his Western boots and boot jack,
I wouldn't have been necessary for me to reinstall the rear bumper and
luggage rack on "Blackie" for the trip. She likes the no bumpers  look.
This is just my $.02 worth.
Visit the TBAHC web page-members & cars page for a view of "Blackie"  with
her top down.

Marion S. Brantley, Jr.
727/867-7129
Tampa Bay Austin-Healey Club