upholstery question, rear shroud rivet question?????

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: upholstery question, rear shroud rivet question?????
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:30:28 -0500
I have a couple of questions regarding attaching the new leather upholstery to
my metal seats of my 1963 BJ-7.  How is this done?  Is it accomplished with a
combination of clips and glue?   I have a woman lined up here in town that
makes custom interiors for street rod and I thought that I'd enlist her to do
the job.
Also, I'm finishing up the body on my Healey are I need to know what kind of
rivets are used in the attachment of the rear shroud to the metal rail under
the shroud lip as well as the very bottom at the trunk floor (when I got the
car it had flat head screws holding the shroud on). I take it common pop rivets
would not be period correct. Thanks in advance!

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7