Billstein gas shock conversion

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Billstein gas shock conversion
From: AAHealeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 01:42:13 EDT
(Just FYI) Due to the subject matter, I suspect many of you may be farmiliar
with Udo Putzke's FAHRSPASS Bilstein shock conversion system, but if not, be
advised that Udo is no simple back yard mechanic.  He is a degreed Automotive
Engineer from Germany who is one of the main Billstein Engineers in the Poway
California (near San Diego) factory. He is in charge of engineering Bilstein
shocks for the racing industry (particularily the 'Baja 500' through Mexico
--so
popular here in Southern California). He is also one of the major players in
the San Diego Austin Healey Club, and  owns a half a dozen of them. Udo
engineered / devised this Billstein shock absorber installation method and
started
his own little company doing same. His Web site is: putzkes@cox.com. Somewhat
obviously, I think rather highly of Udo and his knowledge of both Billstein
shocks an Austin Healeys. Yes I'm in the  San Diego Austin Healey with him. But
no, I don't have them on my '57 100/6 BN4, (& don't intend to) but do on my
Toyota pickup---no there was no price discount involved. Again, this is just
FYI.