Re: timing question

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: timing question
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:17:02 +0800
Allen -

The fact that you have metal wires should make no difference.  They've
been using timing lights LONG before they invented carbon supressor
wires.

The problem is something in your ignition system sounds old or
improperly maintained... bad coil, bad condensor, dirty contacts, bad
low tension lead (very big potential here), disty bushing, etc etc.

I used to have the exact same problem as you with a timing light on my
BN1 (I couldn't use it to time the car)... until I switched over to
Pertronix.  Something bad (probably low tension lead) was retired in
the switchover and the car now runs MUCH smoother, better and with
much more power.  In addition, with the pertronix in there the timing
light now flashes like a berlin disco... perfectly to the beat.  By
the way the car will now idle normally at 450 rpms if I wanted it
too...

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8