Re: Fuel pumps

To: ronfineesq@earthlink.net, fredwescoe@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:58:46 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/2005 7:07:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronfineesq@earthlink.net writes:
Michael,  Does it make a difference if the Napa pump is before the SU or
after the SU as far as its ability to pull or push fuel through a non working
SU
pump?
Ron

I have a filter, then the NAPA pump,
then the SU in its original position with a 1-off-2 switch all tucked up
under
the wheel well.  Works fine.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans
Ron--

Given that both are diaphragm pumps I doubt that it does though you may want
to do a test.  I mounted the NAPA pump upstream of the SU merely because of
the fact that it was easiest logistically--I cut the metal fuel line at about
1:00 o'clock (when facing the wheel) under the left rear wheel arch to mount a
removeable clear inline filter, then mounted the NAPA pump at about 11:00
o'click and finally connected to the SU.  There is a switch behind the driver's
seat to select between the two with an "off" position in the middle.

Best--Michael