overdrive electrical problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: overdrive electrical problem
From: "Bruce Starke" <bstarke@redshift.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:55:32 -0600
Hi everyone, I need some help with my newly restored tricarb BT7. The
overdrive works flawlessly on the switch BUT-----
it will kick in/out if ----1 the turn signal is turned to the left (only)
                                    2 the brake pedal is depressed
notes--
only in 3rd or 4th gears
will kick in if it is out and vice versa
does not matter what the position of the o/drive switch is
new wiring harness
newly rebuilt gearbox and overdrive
new brake switch
trafficator rebuilt wirh new wiring
good battery
all electrical connections seem to be correct as all the circuits work as they
should--flashers, lights, charging circuit, horn, brake lights etc all work
Could this be a problem in the )new) harness with a short circuit somewhere?
Any help would be appreciated
Bruce Starke
Golden BC