Healey Rendezvous 2005

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Rendezvous 2005
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:38:13 -0700
All you left coast  Healey owners that didn't make Healey Rendezvous 2005 in
Klamath Falls, Oregon missed out on a fun gathering this week hosted by the
Oregon Austin Healey Club at a location with terrific Healey back-roads.
The weather was a perfect mid 80's, the program fun and the accommodations
outstanding.  The Popular Car Show & BBQ at beautiful Moore Park was relaxing
& successful (Erika the Red took 2nd in 100-Six class :-} ). The tour to
scenic Crater Lake was breath taking.  What a fun drive.  The rally was
challenging.  The tire kicking fraternization renewed old friendships and the
parking lot mechanical repairs were great impromptu tech sessions.

On the way home to the San Francisco Bay Area my Healey buddy Cully and I
drove our two Racy Roadsters through 300 miles of California's most scenic
northeastern timber & cattle country, including touring Lassen Volcanic
National Park and the drive over Lassen Peak (10,457 ft.) where we threw a few
snow balls.

We hit Red Bluff & I-5 at 4:30 p.m. with it's billboard temperature sign
showing 110 degrees and our Healey cockpits hotter than a US Steel Company
blast furnace!  So we found a river-side sports bar and hosted a few cool ones
before departing at 8:30 p.m. for a somewhat cooler 180 mile "under the stars"
dash down I-5, I-505, I-80 and I-680 to Walnut Creek.

What a great week.  Thanks Oregon Austin Healey Club for a terrific week!!!!

Vrooom vrooom,
John
100-Six  Erika the Red