Re: Pumpkin

To: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pumpkin
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:49:58 -0600
Dick,

I pretty much agree with Alan. It's easy to check the ring gear to
pinion backlash while the unit is out of the axle. Place a dial
indicator on the ring gear at it's outer circumference. While holding
the pinion, measure the "rotational free play" of the ring gear. If the
lash is between .006" & .012", chances are that everything is ok.

Dave Russell