fans

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: fans
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:34:56 -0400
just a comment about fans. The six blade fan I purchased from Moss had one
of the blades fly off at high RPM's (it was relatively new when this
happened, and I had just finished restoring my car).  I was lucky that the
only damage was a dent in my steering column which has had no effect on the
steering. I also purchased a Texas cooler which seemed to be working nicely
until I noticed that the paint was coming off the radiator, which obviously
means that the flex was moving the fan into the radiator which has been a
common finding on the list.