Re: Refurbish my BJ8 starter motor, or get a modern

To: alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk, bluechipracing@snet.net
Subject: Re: Refurbish my BJ8 starter motor, or get a modern
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:30:39 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2005 10:03:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk writes:
Have I got this all about right?

A rider to all this: in Listers' experiences, do these all come ready to
bolt on, no drilling/tapping, no switching over of the pinion gear from
the old motor?
Yes they are not polarity--sensitive.
Yes you can use the built-in solenoid and eliminate the original one or not.
Yes, they are ready to bolt on, but on my 100 I needed to slightly "modify"
the sheet metal around the passenger toe box with a crowbar to get the starter
to fit.

Best--Michael Oritt