BN 6 Interiors

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN 6 Interiors
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:06:49 -0400
Derek.  Yes, I'm familiar with that road test shot of PJB 828,  and I've seen
at least 3 genuine vinyl covers on unrestored cars in red and blue.   They
were definitely carried on into the early production cars.  All of them had
split seams from the heavy spare tossed at arms length into the bag through
the slot in the trunk, doubtless the reason for the switch to sturdy carpet.

Its pretty hard to find a published period shot of a late BN 4 interior for
you.  I have pretty much all the Healey books printed over the years,
including the rare DMH/ Tommy Wisdom book "The Austin-Healey" from 1960.  The
black/ yellow one in Emerson's The Healey Book is incorrect. There is a
picture in the BN 6/ late BN 4 Driver's Handbook AKD 947A but its not great.
I'm sure I have one in my slides somewhere.

Your shots of PJB 828 and the early 100-Six hand book also show the very rare
first type of sidescreen (fitted to only the first fifty cars)  of the three
distinct types fitted to the 100-Six.  I did an article for Chatter back in
the eighties with drawings, on this topic.

Yes, we've been following the Air France plane crash here in Toronto very
closely. Fire crews there in 52 secs, by which time most of the 309 passengers
had already gotten out.  Everyone got out before plane exploded into flames.
Amazing.

Best regards,
Peter

Email0084.jpg]