Re: Dynamat Extreme

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dynamat Extreme
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:51:52 EDT
Thanks for all the tips on installing Dynamat. This project started out when
my clutch failed at Conclave (still drove it home with no clutch, 28 years of
Healeying and never towed home yet).

The symptom was the clutch would not release. This weekend I took the
transmission cover off expecting to find a hydraulic problem but that was
operating
fine.

Then I took the transmission out expecting to find a pressure plate spring
failure but the whole clutch assembly looked fine.

Today I took the pressure plate to a local clutch rebuilder. He had a test
rig that used an air operated ram to simulate clutch action. Tried it several
times and found that one of the three clutch fingers (Borg and Beck type) had a
crack in it. So two-thirds of my clutch would release and the other section
would drag.

Anyone get a good price on a clutch package lately?

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY