Brake mystery solved

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake mystery solved
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:11:06 -0400
The subject of clicking front brakes (discs) has come up from time to
time, and I've found one relatively minor cause for the phenomenom.
The holes in the pad plates which are filled by the attachment pins
seem to wear slightly, allowing a small movement of the pad when you
apply the brakes. You wouldn't want to have too much play here, but I
found a very small movement made a "click" audible from the driver's
seat. New pads, of course, eliminate the play, and the noise.
This may be common knowledge already, but I thought I'd share it with you all.

Stephen, BJ8