Re: Turn signal mechanism on Steering Wheel

To: chefmhf@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Turn signal mechanism on Steering Wheel
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:56:01 +0800
Michael -

The brass nut which holds the stator tube stationary is loose (or
missing), allowing the trafficator to spin around.  This brass nut is
located at the very end of the steering box facing the front of the
car next to the left front wheel well.  It's 5/8" size I think.

If the nut is missing, you need to replace it, and also get the brass
"olive" that goes on the end of the stator tube.  These two things
keep oil from leaking out of your stearing box.  Once you've tightened
this all up, you need to put oil back into your steering box.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8