Boilts, screws, nuts and washers

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Boilts, screws, nuts and washers
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:54:30 +0200
Friends,
I just got my BJ8 Mark 3 phase 2 back from the bodyworker. Before
sending it out for spraying I am installing as many components as is
feasible to find out how everything fits together - I did not dismantle
the car myself, bought it in pieces. One of the items which hit me hard
in the face are the fasteners. With the car I bought a large number of
jamjars and babyfood pots filled with bolts, nuts, washers and the like
but I now discover that these contain only a small portion of what I
actually need. As on the European continent UNF fasteners are not easily
available I intend to make a 'shopping list' and then order the lot in
one go from a shop like Namrick in the UK. To see what I need I am
browsing through the Service Parts Lists and write down page by page the
codes and their quantities - a hell of a job, if I may say so.
Is there maybe a lister who has done this before me, in other words is
there a listing available somewhere of all standard bolts, nuts, washers
etc for a late BJ8 with their quantities? It would save me a few days
work. If not, I'll continue with my Sisyphus job and make my list
available to everyone who is interested.
Regards
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432