Bolts, nuts and so on

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bolts, nuts and so on
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:12:10 +0200
Listers,
a short time ago I stated I was putting together a shopping list of all
fasteners used on a BJ8 ph2. That job is nearly finished now, but I ran
into a few difficulties regarding the coding and the sizes of  a few
strange animals. Gary and Roger's Restoration Guide gives a hell of a
lot of very useful information, but I am having problems with the
following items. Hopefully there is somewhere someone on the list who
can help me out.
A number of letter codes I cannot trace:
CZZ - MTP - MTZ - PTP and PTZ. (I know the last Z or P indicates zinc
plating and chrome plating).
Also their dimensional codes doesn't make any sense to me: RJP is a
screw for trim panels, but RJP604 would be 3/8"dia and 1/4" long and
that's rather heavy for a door liner. In other words: 604 must mean
something different, but what?
Also the explanation for the washer codes in the Restoration Guide
puzzles me: 1 and 3 both mean 'heavy section', 2 and 4 both mean 'medium
weight' , '5' as first digit is said to mean 'spring washer with heavy
section' but in the Service Parts Lists such washers are drawn as
external star washers.
Who, o who can throw some light on these matters?
TIA
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432