Re: high-temperature paint for exhaust

To: pansonm1@maine.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: high-temperature paint for exhaust
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:32:46 EDT
Hi Phil,

Hirsch Automotive Products sell a "Hi-Temp Exhaust & Manifold" aerosol paint
in black, which is rated at 2000 degrees F. (One 16 0z aerosol can costs
$15.00.) You can contact them on (800) 828-2061, or www.hirschauto.com

Alternatively, Rust-Oleum sells a 12 Oz aerosol can, "Bar-B-Q Black", rated
at 1200 degrees F, for around $4.20 per can. You can purchase this product from
any hardware store.

I am currently painting my new exhaust system on the BJ8, and used the
expensive (Hirsch) stuff for the hot end (the two front down pipes) and am
using the
Bar-B-Q black for the rest of the system. I haven't installed the new system
yet, so I can't give you an evaluation, but these were the best products that
I could locate to do the job.

Regards, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L / 32382