Weird noises

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weird noises
From: "David" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:02 -0700
Esteemed Listers,

While diving my BN1 about 3,000/3,200rpm in overdrive, accelerating
or on compression, I notice a rapid ratting - but like a playing card
in
the spokes of a bike. Not there in standard or in neutral.  An
overdrive
problem about to bite me you know where?

At first it sounded like a tach or speedo cable unwinding but I
removed
them to test and the noise, like the force, is still with me. I await
your
'best guess' suggestions as I am really not sure what to do.  This
needs to be fixed.  All responses most appreciated and answered.

Most ignorantly,

David C
San Diego