Re: NATIONAL ICE CREAM SOCIAL DAY

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NATIONAL ICE CREAM SOCIAL DAY
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:51:40 -0700 (PDT)
NBC News
Date Line: August 16, 2005

Peter Pullyurchain

National Frozen Dairy Correspondent

Dairy farmers and ice cream vendors throughout North America have grown quite
concerned over rumors of a possible invasion from the British  well at least
British car owners.  Rumors have been flying on the Internet about a British
car club with a Jeckel and Hyde identity crisis. Part of the time they go by
the name Austin Healey Club USA and other times Austin Healey Club of America.
In both cases they have chosen to alienate fellow car owners in Canada and
Mexico.  Al Gore, inventor of the Internet and former Vice President of the
United States had no immediate comment.

Bob Utter, spokesman for the National Dairy Council held a press conference
yesterday and expressed concern over the proximity of the hot little cars and
ice cream.  This could be a disaster.  Most sewer systems in the US are not
equipped to handle a flood of melted ice cream.  All of those mobile ovens
should be shipped back to the UK.

Similar sentiments are streaming in from dairy farmers.  Cecil Nekk, known as
Red to his fellow Dairy Farmers had this to say, Who dem Brits tink de r?
Bringin all dem tiny foraine microwave ovens nere me bovines.  Dis iz Merica.
We drive Merican steel ova here.

The Ice Cream Vendors Association spokeswoman, Margarita (Margaret) Vaca Del
Rancho attempted to diffuse the situation.  Weve tried to help our membership
understand that there really is no reason for concern.  We have it on good
authority that 98.1% of this group use trailers to move their cars.  We suspect
the other 2% do not know about the event.  The primary concern for our vendors
will be adequate trailer parking.

Several attempts were made to reach Reid Trummel of the Austin Healey Club USA
organization for comment.  Evidently he is keeping a low profile following his
affiliation transplant surgery.  Don Lenschow, President of the organization
only had this to say, This event is utterly ridiculous.