Re: birthday car

To: rahosmer@citlink.net, design@soltec.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: birthday car
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:33:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2005 11:27:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rahosmer@citlink.net writes:
Andrew's question made me think of trying one of my own:

I'm looking for my first Healey. It may still be in California. It was a red
BN7 with gray interior, disc wheels, no overdrive. Original license was
SRH619, but I'm sure that was changed - POSSIBLY to UVT(or UYT)159. I think
the car number was 1246. I know I have the paperwork somewhere, but have not
yet found it. There cannot have been too many cars to that spec. A certain
giveaway would be the mounting holes for aero-screens, used when I took the
windshield off (hey, I was younger then, OK?).

Anyone remember restoring something like that?
Yes, and I would like to find the BRG (originally red) 1960 BN7 that I owned
in the early sixty's in South Florida, though I sold it in the NYC area.  One
giveaway might be that I had a wolf-whistle mounted in the engine compartment,
the vacuum inlet tapped off of the intake manifold.  I doubt that anyone
would have removed it.

Best--Michael Oritt