Re: birthday car

To: design@soltec.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: birthday car
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:26:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2005 11:04:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
design@soltec.net writes:
A question for the list - or maybe for the keepers of the Registries.

I think it would be amazingly fun to own a car that was built on my
birthday.  In my case this is either a BN-7 or BT-7 as my birthday is
January 16, 1961.  Can somebody help me with this?..... And yes, I actually
would be interested in contacting the Owner to buy the car if he (she) was
ever interested in selling it.  Maybe at least get a 'right of first
refusal'.?

Thanks
Andrew Fell

Andrew--

Ah, would that the Registries worked like that!  The whole Registry movement
is a topic of conversation these days, one of the concepts being to establish
uniformity in record-keeping and databases amongst the keepers of the various
models.  Understand that these are self-appointed jobs and keepers presently
work in different manners, with some collecting and collating lots of
information and others not as much.  Searchability of data is another issue and
I am
not sure if any Registrar has build-dates as a searchable field, though Steve
Byers might very well for BJ8's.

In the cases of of the two models in which you have expressed interest you
should contact Bill Naretta (mnaretta@aol.com) to see what he can offer you.
If
you had a way of getting into the sanctum sanctorum of the British Motors
Industries Heritage Trust you could no doubt find what you are looking for, but
that might require an in-person visit.

Good luck---Michael Oritt