RE: Current Registration

To: <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Current Registration
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:02:00 -0700
Hi, Steve,
Of the 5,931 cars currently included in the BJ8 registry, 38 of them are
positively known not to exist anymore due to being parted out, destroyed in
accidents, fires, etc.  Since my goal is to account for every single one of
the 17,712 cars originally manufactured, I do try to identify cars that do
not exist.  Obviously that is harder to do than to capture those that do
exist.  I do not make any effort to record whether a car is on the road, off
the road, or under restoration because that changes too frequently to be
worthwhile.  I do record if a car is a "parts car".

Too many cars went to "Healey Heaven" years ago without a trace, because no
one saw a need to record their identities and there was no central database
to capture and preserve that information.  Occasionally, I will hear from a
former owner who can identify a car and verify that it no longer exists.
It's likely that more than a third of the BJ8s that were originally
manufactured will never be found.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry