RE: Optional accessories

To: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Optional accessories
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:41:29 +1000
Greetings

Interesting thread.

Yes you are right the DHMC would do anything for any purchaser of an
Austin-Healey from them. It was a simple matter of if you had enough
$$$$$ they would do it for you.

It was an unfortunate fact of life for the DHMC that there was a severe
cash flow problem that generally raised its head on Thursday when the
workers' wages had to be paid the following day.

If we look back into history if it wasn't for the influx of cash from
Nash Kelvinator for the Nash Healey there wouldn't have been enough cash
to develop the Austin-Healey. GCH told me that back in 1956 when Peter
Wilkes (technical Director of Rover) walked into the DHMC factory
looking for a sports car they bent over backwards to sell him my car.
They needed the cash for next week's wages.

Incidentally my car has an Smiths ammeter fitted by the DHMC way back
then and it still works perfectly.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia