Re: Reverse Gear Lock Up

To: Healey Discussion List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse Gear Lock Up
From: Alan Hantke <writetoalan@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:07:01 -0700 (PDT)
Question: If you *push* a car backwards while it is in OD still, will that also
break the OD?  My thought here is that if the motor is doing the drive, then
the tension in the OD may result in something breaking.  But if the drive
wheels tension the OD, then you might escape problems.  "Tension" probably
isn't the right word, but I can't think of another way to describe it...

--Alan

Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net> wrote:
Hi Tom,

The 3-4 gear selector interlock switch normall prevents this from
happening. If you tried to back when it is actually in OD, something
usually breaks.

Dave Russell