poor starting

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: poor starting
From: COPPIFAN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:00:31 EDT
My '67 BJ8 runs fine. The battery is fairly new. Connections seem OK.
However, the following sometimes happens: I'll start the car in the garage in
an  OK
manner. I'll take a drive and stop a couple of places. However, at one stop
it takes a few turns of the key to get it started. Turn the key 2 or 3 times
and  nothing, with and without the choke out. Almost seems like the battery is
dead.On the third or 4th try it starts right up. Doesn't make sense to
me....Of  course, I'm always afraid it will not start, period. Thoughts
please...

Bill Eggert
CAAHA
Annapolis