Trim and hardtop questions.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trim and hardtop questions.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:16:23 +0100
Relating to two previous threads.....

We've got a MkII BT& here...

1) Does anyone know if the trim material on the rear seat back (comes out to
hide the hood), the dash, the top of the dash, the top/interior of the doors
is the same?

It certainly doesn't look it in mine, but what's original & what isn't? Ho
Hum.

2) Are any of them the same as each other?

3) Is the piping at either end of the dash top the same size/width as that
on the seats? Or thicker?

Hardtops. Yes, it's the correct one for the car, appropriately marked:

1)       If I remove the window and undo the two uprights by the window and
then put the hardtop back on the car, will it then assume a better fit and
allow me to reshape the window and refit the uprights as appropriate?

2)       Leading on from that, are all tops from the same mould and fitted
to the car as I described? Mine is alright fore and aft, so am not
encouraged to move the rake of the screen.

( The fit at the back, over the rear seat back (squab?) is poor.about 1!/2
inches gap.) A squab is a young wood pigeon where I come from! Which is a
good enough note to end on..

Simon.