Front Shock Valve questions

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Shock Valve questions
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:31:26 -0700
I'm installing a front tube shock kit and understand the Armstrong shock
valves need to be either eliminated or somehow disabled.

I can see the shock needs to be dismounted so the valve can be unscrewed
from the bottom. I have some questions because I'd like to do the R & R all
at once without having to order parts in the meantime.

Is there an insert that is removed from the valve itself? Is a shortened
bolt substituted for the valve? Is there a seal that needs to be replaced?

TIA
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA