RE: Ten Improvements

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ten Improvements
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:51:01 -0700
I have 6 of the 10 items that Gary recommended even though the one about
one 12 volt battery instead of two 6 volters does not apply to a BJ8.  I do
have an Optima, however.  For those who have seen my Healey, you know all
the 'supplemental' items I have installed from gauges to 'idiot lights', to
Pertronix, OD switch on the gear shift knob, driving computer, high beam
flasher, four-way emergency lights, coolant overflow tank, and more - about
20 items.  The one rule I maintain is that any addition to the Healey must
go in an existing hole or hang on an existing screw or bolt.  That way, it
can all come out without leaving any evidence of its existance.

One thing that has surprised me is that in the 29 responses to Gary's list,
no one has mentioned cruise control.  Do you know any new car that doesn't
have cruise control available?  I have had cruise control since the first
ones for manual transmissions became available.  This was in response to a
tired and hot leg after three long trips within a month or so.  One benefit
I noted after installation was a slight improvement in fuel mileage.
Cruise control is high on my list of improvements for a Healey if you are
going to do any distance driving.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031