Re: Fuel Pump

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: "Warren Dietz" <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:02:51 -0400
   When you say "No Cutting", do the rubber fuel lines simple slide
>over the threaded connections (and clamped) on the existing metal in and
>out fuel lines?

John,

The rubber fuel lines slip over the flared end of the metal inlet\outlet
fuel lines-pushing the nut on each end back out of the way. The original SU
type pump may be refitted if necessary.

   The way I did mine was to push back the metal flair nuts and roll the
rubber hose over and clamp with band clamps(did not use spring clamps
provided). The pump comes with clamps and hose fittings but I had to make
things work best  under the circumstances and advice from other owners to "
not  get the least bit of a kink or it would not work"! I bought a 2' hose
and spiraled it(to avoid kinking) on the inlet and used shorter piece on
outlet side.

   A short peice of angle(improvised) with holes was used to secure pump to
existing bracket with bolt and metal band bracket provided. It all worked
the first time and got us back to the races from Mansfield,Oh. It failed
once at the track parking area but was restarted with a tap and tightening
the pump to a more level attitude. Found out later this pump needs to be
pointed up at the outlet.

A good description and photo can be found-
http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/fuel/fp201.htm

Warren   67 BJ8