Re: AH in Pieces

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: AH in Pieces
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:23:02 +0800
Ned -

You can do it, be sure to get a factory parts list (the drawings are very
helpful) and also get one of the CDs full of restoration pictures (these are
widely available). This should help you quite a bit in figuring out where
everything goes.

My preference is to get a complete car then dismantle it so you know where
everything goes later (esp. all the little nuts, bolts and screws) but it
looks like this car is partially assembled so that should help.

>From what I can see in the pictures of this healey, I would not pay more
than ~ $6,000 for the car. It has incorrect floor pans in the boot and
driver's side, and all the parts look a little rusty to me (incl the inside
of the gas tank, and all the little bits that go on the motor... not good).

Personally if this was my car, I would completely strip the chassis and
start over... I am sure this car has some hidden rust along the chassis ...
it just looks like it has it... you want this sorted before rebuilding the
car.

In general, your best value is to get a good, complete driver, that's
usually your best value for money... stuff in the $15,000 - $20,000 range.

If you do get this car, invest the time and effort to do the WHOLE thing
right, and paint it the color you want!!!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8